Several years ago an Imam moved to London . He often took the bus from his home to the downtown area. Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to ride the same bus.
When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him twenty pence too much change. As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, you better give the twenty pence back. It would be wrong to keep it. Then he thought, oh forget it, it’s only twenty pence. Who would worry about this little amount? Anyway, the bus company already gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a gift from Almighty Allah and keep quite.
When his stop came, the Imam paused momentarily at the door, and then he handed the twenty pence back to the driver and said “Here, you gave me too much change.
The driver with a smile replied “Aren’t you the new Imam in this area? I have been thinking lately about going to worship at your masjid.
I just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change.”When the Imam stepped off the bus, his knees became weak and soft. He had to grab the nearest light pole and held for support, and looked up to the heavens and cried “Oh Allah, I almost sold Islam for twenty pence!”
Remember, we may never see the impact our actions have on people.
Sometimes we are the only knowledge of Quran someone will read, or the only Islam a non-Muslim will see. What we need to provide, Insha Allah is an example for others to see. Be careful and be honest everyday, because you never know who is watching your actions and judging you as a Muslim.
Just remember- Allah is watching you.
If we could get arrested for being a Muslim, would the police have enough evidence to bring us in?
– Why is it so hard to tell the truth but yet so easy to tell a lie?
– Why we are so sleepy in masjid but right when the prayer is over, we suddenly wake up?
– Why is it so hard to talk about Allah but yet so easy to talk about nasty stuff?
– Why is it so boring to look at an Islamic Article but yet so easy to look at a nasty one?
– Why is it so easy to delete a Godly e-mail but yet we forward all of the nasty ones?
– Why are the masjids getting smaller, but yet the dance clubs are getting larger?
Do you give up?? Think about it….